Sunday, January 25

Where I don't really talk about knitting at all.

Today we are braving the cold to go out to eat with Hubby's family for his birthday. He turns the BIG 3-5 on Tuesday. I'm working on a project that will hopefully be finished sometime on Tuesday so he'll have a b-day present. :)

Also starting on Tuesday, I'll be doing some fill in temp work for a week at a place I worked a few summers back. I've been filling in here and there as of late. One of the girls is going on vacation for a week, so I get to work full time while she's gone. It'll be a change!

On the job front, I'm still looking. I think I'm going to try and get into a salon. That does extensions. Or, just get a booth rental and do extensions. Because that's the reason I went to beauty school in the first place, so I really should do something I enjoy, not just something that pays the bills. I'm really excited about this, and hope that I can get some clients and make money, but not work full time. I'm thinking ahead here... but thinking about offering some really sweet discounts to start, to build up the clients and to get some portfolio pictures. I don't have any pictures anymore. And no pictures of my extension or deadlock work. I don't know. I love crazy big hair, and I know Minneapolis/St Paul is a better venue for it. But I'm not driving, and if I just start out small and cheap with good quality, and share booth rental with someone, I think I just might be able to pull it off.

So yeah. That's what's going through my mind this weekend. I haven't been excited about work in forever, and this has got me excited.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool idea! Could you capitalize on prom/home-coming/senior portrait/bridal party extensions for a bit and get some clientel? Maybe extensions can be the thing around town and you can team up with someone that's big into up-dos? Seems like that could be semi-seasonal? A little cheesy, but it could be a start. In a small town people still have big budgets for cool hair on special occaisions.

Good luck!!

Chris Mellang said...

Please be sure to post if you do decide to go for it! I think I remember you from a hair/dread extension EZ board a few years back.

Several derby girls down here have dreads and might be interested in an alternative to the Hair Police.

Valkryie Knit This said...

Hair board! Yeppers, that's me! :)

Hey, shoot me an email at kelly@50footrobot.com I'd love to do derby girl hair! I could do it out homes or something, at much less the price of hair police. :)

Let's talk! I could cut them a heckva a deal, so I could get my portfolio going. :)

Blogger said...

Did you know that that you can make money by locking premium pages of your blog or website?
To start you need to open an account with AdWorkMedia and embed their Content Locking widget.

Blogger said...

Get daily ideas and methods for earning $1,000s per day FROM HOME totally FREE.
SUBSCRIBE NOW