Where I talk about knitting, sewing, my dog, my son, baking and the occasional exploding ovary.
Friday, January 16
MLK day is on Monday, and the Obamas called people to service. I've been thinking about that, and what I could do to help. There isn't a lot going on in St Cloud that I can be a part of. They have a blood drive and a book drop. But I wanted something more, and something that wouldn't require me to find a sitter. Plus, if it could involve knitting it would be all the better. Then it struck me. I've been wanting do some knitting for the Knit One Save One campaign. I've got one hat knitted, but I keep pushing the rest aside. How hard is it to knit a few baby hats? Considering I could actually save a baby's life? I should *only* be knitting baby hats. So, starting today, I've put my selfish projects aside, and until I go to bed on the 19th, I'm only knitting baby hats. Then when I get up on Tuesday, I'm heading straight to the post office and I will send them off. The mail date is Jan 31st, but I don't want to dink around and miss the date.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment