Thursday, June 23

Gloomy

It's been gloomy around here lately.  Gloomy stupid rainy weather.  Also, my husband got laid off from work last week. Gloomy gloomy gloomy.

I'm trying to counteract all the gloomy, by working on something lovely.

It's the Renita shawl, knit in Sanguine Gryphon Skinny Bugga, in Milkweed Beetle. My camera battery was dead, so I've got a cell phone picture to show you.  It doesn't do justice to the colors. They're so rich and saturated.  At first it looks like a deep beautiful teal.  But there are shades of green and blue in there.  Plus it's so soft and squishy!  I love it.   The pattern is a fairly easy knit, I like that it's knit sideways.  Knit until half your yarn is used up, then start decreasing.  That way you use up all you yarn. Love it! :)   This is going to be for me! I have a pea coat, and need something to fill up the v-neck.   I thought this would be wonderful and bright in winter.

Other than that, not much happening.  I've got a couple quilts in the works, but nothing to show yet. I"m pulling together some fabric for a baby quilt, and I think I've got that together, so if the sun ever comes out, maybe there will be pictures of that for you to ogle.

4 comments:

Trillian42 said...

I love Milkweed Beetle, It was one of my favorite colors to dye. :D

Sarah Kalkbrenner said...

It's beautiful. I actually like the cell phone picture. It has a soft glow.

Knit-Knot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Knit-Knot said...

Did you know you can't edit comments here?!

Argh!

Sorry about the job. Hope that changes soon.

Glad you are knitting for yourself. Is it close to the tank I knit you? Am I going to get pictures of you wearing it soon!? :)